cat problem, file too large

Tim tjreynol at zephyr.cair.du.edu
Fri Oct 12 05:13:48 AEST 1990

I am trying to get gcc-1.37 going under Esix 5.3.2 C

the file was split when i got it from ohio-state somewhere,
and i am trying to 'cat' all the pieces back together.

it works for awhile, then craps out. saying 'file too large'
'-1/1024 something or another.'
or some such error message.
i know i have the disk space, i just added 100+ megs, and this operation
is taking place under my new file system

am i out of ram? i have 4 meg,..   but the file doesn't crap out till
way past 4 meg, .. :-P
anyway, i am clueless.

this also happens when trying to recombine some X stuff that i got..
tim

btw: i am relatively ignorant, i've had esix only a few weeks.