crontab for ordinary users

Shiping Zhang ping at cubmol.bio.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 16 04:19:18 AEST 1990

In order to test if crontab works for, I prepared the follow
script file called test which is chmoded excusable

#!/usr/bin/csh
# the script file
echo test crontab

and created the crontab file with a single line in the format:

min h * * * /wholepath/test

The script is invoked at specified time but aborted at very begining.
I got the following message from the system:

Subject: Output from "cron" command

Your "cron" job

/wholepath/test

produced the following output:

TERM: Undefined variable.

I tried the following:
min h * * * export TERM; /wholepath/test
min h * * * set TERM; export TERM; /wholepath/test
min h * * * set TERM termname; export TERM; /wholepath/test
etc...
But non of them worked.
However, if it was invoked in the root crontab, it worked fine.
Can anyone point out to me what is the problem?
Thanks.

-ping