ESIX+ethernet card trouble

Larry Foard larry at belch.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Oct 18 03:25:45 AEST 1990

I recently got an everex speedlink ethernet card to use with ESIX and am
having a very weird problem. It works fine until I power the machine down and
turn it back on. Then
I get an error:
configure I>0xff00

on bootup and the machine crashs, if I reboot under dos and run the
test software that comes with the card it says that it is fine.
Once I have run the test software if I reboot the machine (without
turning off the power) it goes into esix with no problem. I am
assuming it has something to do with the software configured
interrupts but neither manual explains if this is stored in non volatile
memory or has to be loaded by software each time.

If this is a problem with this card and not just something I forgot to setup
Does any one have recomendations for other brands of ethernet cards that would
work with esix? (I am amazed this doesn't everex makes esix)