386/ix & ISC X release 1.2

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Oct 11 22:26:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct10.122531.9153 at virtech.uucp> I wrote:
>In article <49335 at ism780c.isc.com> support at ism780c.UUCP (Support account) writes:
>>This generally indicates that the system is running out of
>>the streams resources NSTREAM, NQUEUE, or NBLKxxx. Try running
>>"netstat -m" to observe system usage statistics, and increase
>>these tunables accordingly.
>
>The crash command provides a much better mechanism for viewing the
>streams statistics.

I should have tested netstat -m before I posted my response.  Contrary to
the manual the netstat -m does not show the network private buffer statistics,
it shows the streams statistics. The output of strstat in crash is almost
exactly the same as the output from netstat -m (although netstat -m is
*much* faster and may be run by mere mortals).

Sorry for the confusion.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170