COM3 & COM4 on XENIX 2.3.2

Marty Wiedmeyer mort at dhump.lakesys.COM
Wed Oct 24 10:01:20 AEST 1990

In article <15 at dhump.lakesys.COM> I wrote:

 [stuff about XENIX 386 2.3.2 GT not seeing COM3 & 4]

>SCO sez that COM3 & 4 aren't supported as serial devices. If you want
>more than 2 terminals/modems, you have to have a multi port card.

>But, he said that he remembers that some have done it! And that he'd
>"seen it on the net".

I've received the article The gentleman from SCO referred to. Thanks!

I'm willing to mail it to anyone else who's trying to get COM3 & 4
serial ports running. The method is _unsupported_ by SCO. Use at your
own risk. (I may risk it :-).

Marty Wiedmeyer

--
mort at dhump.lakesys.com 				uunet!marque!dhump!mort