WD8013 & SCO UNIX

Marc Unangst mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us
Thu Oct 18 09:19:34 AEST 1990

mikes at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Michael Squires) writes:
> It looks like the WD & the VGA board are conflicing, as SCO says they may
> do in the release notes.  I've not tried changing parameters (yet); I was
> using INT 2, IO 280, 16K RAM at D0000.

IRQ 2 can be flakey under Unix because it's usually rerouted to IRQ 9;
under DOS, you don't see this, but under Unix, it quickly becomes
apparent...

Try switching the Ethernet card to IRQ 5, or another unused
interrupt.  (Use /etc/conf/cf.d/vectorsinuse to find out which
interrupt vectors you're using.)  That should fix it.

--
Marc Unangst               |
mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us  | "Bus error: passengers dumped"