4 Port Serial Boards

Norbert Bladt nbladt at aut.UUCP
Tue Oct 23 00:06:34 AEST 1990

bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:

>[lots of other stuff deleted]

>If one of these 4-port boards is installed in a 386, can the existing
>two serial ports (on a generic i/o card) remain installed, giving a
>total of 6 ports (plus retaining the parallel port on that card)?
Yes. We have an AST 4-port compatible card and six serial ports running.
We use the FAS 2.07 driver (couldn't get the ISC driver to work reliable
with our application) and it works great.
A printer is connected to the second serial port, a mouse to the first
one and modems to the other.

Norbert Bladt.
--
Please use this path as return address. DON'T USE THE RETURN PATH IN THE HEADER
Norbert Bladt, Ascom Autelca AG, Worbstr. 201, CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland