System V Release 4.0 for 80x86 systems

Mark L. Milliman mlm at cbnewsh.att.com
Sun Oct 28 05:54:58 AEST 1990

> So what happened to VP/ix? As far as I know, it's not yet available. I'm
> quite surprised nobody mentioned it, though obviously, with the number of
> questions about it in this group in mind, many people use it.

	I just purchased Simul-Task (a.k.a. VP/ix) Version 3.0 from AT&T
	last week.  Initially I was told I would have to wait a couple
	of months, but it just showed up on my door this week in 3.5"
	disks.  While I have not yet installed it (I really needed 5.25"
	disks) the manual says that it will run under SVR3.2 and SVR4.0.
	The documentation appears somewhat better than previous versions
	with a fair amount devoted to configure it under X-Windows.

	Mark