Upgrade to Multi User on 386ix

Peter Ziobrzynski peter at nixtdc.uucp
Thu Oct 4 00:21:35 AEST 1990

In <3 at grafted.UUCP> dave at grafted.UUCP (dave) writes:

>I have installed the new version 2.2 of Interactive 386ix.
>which is the Multi user disk. To my dismay it was faulty and I
>have had to get another copy from Interactive. It seems no matter
>what I do I cannot know install the new diskette. I have tried to

I had very similar problem with ISC 2.2.  I could not load the
first floppy from the core set.  I cleaned my drives (2) and tried many
times without luck. Even dos diskcopy was failing.  Finally I took
this bad floppy to the nearby store and managed to diskcopy it onto
a brand new Dysan floppy using their drives. Since then I use this
copy of the "1 of 6" from the core set along with the rest of ISC
floppies and all is OK.
It seems that somebody introduced some new head alignment in the new brands
of floppy drives.
Peter Ziobrzynski                               uucp: peter at nixtdc.uucp
Siemens Nixdorf Toronto Development Center      tel. (416) 496-8510