SQ55 and Adaptec

Michael Reamy miker at efreet.UUCP
Wed Oct 31 14:47:16 AEST 1990

I want to get an Adaptec 1542B and a Sysquest SQ55 SCSI 44MB removable hard
drive.  Here is the problem.  When I called Hard Drives International
they said that the SQ55 does not work with the Adaptec SCSI controller
because the Adaptec firmware doesn't support removable media.  I then
called Adaptec customer support and they said it DID work.  When I
recontacted HDI they said that they had tested them together and insisted
that it didn't work.  Does anybody have this configuration working with
SCO Open Desk Top or know the truth of this matter?

					Thanks,
					uunet!efreet!miker