386/ix 2.20 and 12 megs RAM

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Sat Oct 20 06:56:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct18.133651.27511 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
]
]ISC (throught thier sales branch) claims to only handle 16MB in the
]current release (and the 2.2.1 release due RSN).  I don't yet have
]a system to test this, but I will shortly be setting up a system with 32MB
]of ram to test it.  If ISC can't handle it, then the only choice will be
]to use SCO (which claims to handle >16MB with the 3.2.2 release).
]

	I run AT&T's UNIX 3.2.2 on a 6386 ISA machine with 32 megs
	memory.  AT&T must do something special with their DMA
	stuff.

	-randy

--
Randy Suess