ODT questions

Per Andersson perand at admin.kth.se
Tue Oct 2 05:16:19 AEST 1990

In article <3024 at anomaly.sbs.com> mpd at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:
>First, its an incredible memory PIG. If you don't have 8mb of RAM, don't
>even think of using XWindows. (And, why buy Open Desktop without X Windows?)
>When looking at X Windows, I wasn't impressed. In fact, Windows 3.0 for
>MessyDos looks just as good, has more configurable parameters, and uses
>TONS less memory!

Oh. Right ! So how do I do networking in Windows 3.0 ? You know, running the
application on a real computer instead of the one having a hard time keeping
control of all the pixels. And as of now, a megapixel display for a PC with
card and software would almost buy me a diskless sparcstation. Which has enough
power to run X, has ethernet, and a good display. And X is not the only memory
pig, using System V is certainly a way to make memory manufacturers happy.
--
Per Andersson (perand at admin.kth.se, perand at stacken.kth.se)
Trying a new job at Bofors Electronics,