HARD DRIVES INTERNATIONAL BEWARE !!!!

Darryl Okahata darrylo at hpnmdla.HP.COM
Thu Oct 4 09:27:04 AEST 1990

In comp.unix.sysv386, barton at holston.UUCP (Barton A. Fisk) writes:

> Well here's the story:
     [ ... ]
> Moral of the Story:
>
> If you buy from HDI don't prepay.

     I seem to recall hearing similar rumors about this company several
months back.  Because of these rumors, I avoided this company.

     Six months ago, I bought an Adaptec 1542B SCSI card and a 300MB
half-height SCSI drive (CDC Wren VI, I think) from "DC Drives", a
company that advertises in Computer Shopper.  Not only were they
courteous, but the disk arrived within 1 week of my ordering it.  The
disk has been running great, and I've had no problems with it.

     Some people may want to check out this company if they are looking
for hard disks.  Granted, one data point does not make a trend, but I'd

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd at hp-sde.sde.hp.com