Who sells 4.0? Does Intel??

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sat Oct 20 22:14:08 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct19.222636.9227 at ico.isc.com> rcd at ico.isc.com (Dick Dunn) writes:
>mra at srchtec.UUCP (Michael Almond) writes about a chat with UHC.  (BTW, has
>anyone suggested to the UHC folks that they might join in here on USENET?)

They have access to the net (or at least thier sales branch sees stuff posted
here).  When I posted something about the product a while ago I got a call
from them asking if I needed any more info.

>Could some other folks who've been reading this group for a while help me
>out here.  I'm *sure* I remember that one of the great things about V.4 was
>supposed to be that the royalties were going to be so much lower than V.3
>that the end-user price would be dirt-cheap.  Did I just hallucinate that?

NO you aren't hallucinating.
AT&T did reduce per-machine license fees for small machines.  However,
UHC may be referring to the $100,000+ that they have to pay to get the
source plus binary re-distribution rights.

>	- Their X package included X11/NeWS, OpenLook, XView toolkit.

They also claim to include MOTIF.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170