accessing keyboard ports under SCO-Unix

David Mosberger david at glance.ch
Tue Oct 30 02:44:44 AEST 1990

We are using DEC compatible keyboards for our AT compatible 386 boxes.
Everythings works fine, except that we would like to be able to turn off
key-clicks. For this, we should have access to keyboard ports 0x60 and 0x64.
Under SCO Unix there is an ioctl() call to enable io on specific ports
(KDADDIO), however, this call returns *always* `bad address' (even for
legal video adaptor ports). We would like to know if there is any way to
access the keyboard ports from a (root) user process?

Here is our configuration:
		HW: Wyse-25 (386cpu, AT compatible),
		    LK-250 keyboard
		SW: SCO ODT V1.0

Please reply by mail. I will summarize if there is any interest.

	--dave
--
David Mosberger						Glance Ltd.
david at glance.ch						Gewerbestrasse 4