How do you make COM3 work?

Andreas Hoepfner hoepfner at usun01.UUCP
Fri Oct 19 21:51:07 AEST 1990

In <22643 at grebyn.com> ckp at grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) writes:

>                 COM1 - IRQ 4, 0x3F8 to 0x3FF
>                 COM2 - IRQ 3, 0x2F8 to 0x2FF
>                 COM3 - IRQ 4, 0x3E8 to 0x3EF

>Ideas, anyone?

Yes, I did it ! The only thing to do is to change your IRQ of the
3rd port from 4 to any free one, maybe 5 ! Edit your
/etc/conf/sdevice.d/asy file and add a line for this port and create
the necessary driver node !
It works great with my Terminal.....

It is very important to have different IRQ's for each port...

Andreas

 |                   Andreas Hoepfner                                    |
 |     paper mail:                            e-mail:                    |
 | c/o/ Nixdorf Computer AG      USA: philabs!linus!nixbur!hoepfner.kd   |
 | Abt. VTC 12                   !USA: hoepfner.kd at nixpbe.uucp           |
 | Heinz Nixdorf Ring                                                    |
 | D-4790 Paderborn                                                      |
 | tel.: (+49) 5251 107479                                               |