No Passwd for nuucp

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at jpradley.uucp
Sun Oct 28 07:31:50 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct22.211639.14436 at mccc.uucp> pjh at mccc.uucp (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>I'd like to have nuucp with no passwd for anonymous uucp possibilities
>but my SV/386 R3.2.2 insists on asking nuucp to choose a password!  How
>can I convince UNIX that nuucp doesn't need a password?

I assume that the "insisting" comes from a mkuser or addusr or similar program?

Anyways, what if you just give it a password and then edit it out of
/etc/passwd?

BTW, what's the point of 'nuucp' as a public, unpassworded access instead of
just plain 'uucp'?
--

 Jean-Pierre Radley          HIGH-Q	     jpr at jpradley	CIS: 72160,1341