DOSmerge for Interactive?

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Oct 31 13:28:36 AEST 1990

In article <9010291636.AA23269 at decpa.pa.dec.com> paine at fungus.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:

| I am using DOSmerge at work using with SCO Open DeskTop and I like this
| better than vp/ix.  DOSmerge requires to build kernal when installed.

  Just as a comment I think this varies to taste. At work we like VP/ix
for speed on the console, and Merge for ability to do graphics with X.
We were so loud about this that one vendor is currently putting both in
his V.4 alpha release, waiting for a solution. Both will probably be
available, one standard.

  I also like VP/ix for getting at foreign devices, but both are fine
products, and I use both of them almost every day.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX