Re^2: 4 Port Serial Boards

Chris Old chris at ctk1.UUCP
Fri Oct 12 20:45:19 AEST 1990

engwall at mtha.usc.edu (Ralph Engwall) writes:

>A short while back there was some talk here about a dumb 4 port
>serial board called a MU-440 made by DFI.

I've got one.

>I think this board is
>supposed to be a clone of the AST 4 port/AT plus.

Probably is. I complied the FAS drivers for the AST card and they work
great.

>I've
>also seen a 386 Sys V driver for this thing at an ftp site, but I don't
>have that info with me now.

As I said, the FAS drivers are fine (I've only tried 2.07 mind you).

>I don't know if the board has socketed URATS.

Yup, the UART's are socketed. It came standard with 16450's and I
haven't had the cash to change them to 16550's, but I'm sure that they
will work.

Chris Old (C.t.K.)            | ddsw1!olsa99!ctk1!chris
Tran Systems Ltd              | olsa99!ctk1!chris at ddsw1.mcs.com
If you have no reason for your opinion, change it.