Adding second disk on Xenix 2.3.1

Jerry H. Chan chan at chansw.UUCP
Sun Oct 14 06:34:15 AEST 1990

I am looking to add a second disk into a Xenix (2.3.1) machine with an
existing MFM drive; what's the secret to adding a SCSI disk (w/Adaptec 154X
controller) as the second drive ???

A hardware vendor informed me that the Adaptec 1540X was supported, but
according to the Xenix administrator's manual, no second disk controller
is supported; this is contrary to the info I received from the hardware vendor.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
--
Jerry Chan 508-853-0747, Fax 508-853-2262  |"My views necessarily reflect the
Chan Smart!Ware Computer Services & Prods  | views of the Company because