alloca for V.4?

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Oct 29 13:28:48 AEST 1990

In article <15990 at bfmny0.BFM.COM> tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) writes:

| I really recommend that people who are looking for things like alloca()
| take the time to run something like
|
| 	nm -ehr /lib/*.a /usr/lib/*.a | fgrep extern > allsyms.txt
|
| when they install or move to a new system.  It saves so much time.

  Yes, then you can post the request for alloca() just as I did. It
turns out to be in /usr/ucblib, not my choice for standard location of
the year. You get somewhere by doing this for all the libraries in /lib
and /usr, but I think you still miss the stuff in some of the shared
ones.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX