Fortran compiler?

Piercarlo Grandi pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 07:41:34 AEST 1990

On 8 Oct 90 15:05:57 GMT, cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) said:

cpcahil> I need a 386 fortran compiler that meets the following
cpcahil> requirements (in order of importance): [ ... ]

cpcahil> It doesn't matter which UNIX the compiler is for (the OS choice will
cpcahil> be driven by the acceptability of the fortran compiler available under
cpcahil> that OS).

Use the damnable fotran to c translator from At&t. It is *excellent*,
and pretty fast as well. It has an extensive library, it is free, and
with full sources. It can be found on inet.att.con, under the /dist
directory. Installing it under almost any Unix is a snap (I did it under
ESIX).
Piercarlo "Peter" Grandi           | ARPA: pcg%uk.ac.aber.cs at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Dept of CS, UCW Aberystwyth        | UUCP: ...!mcsun!ukc!aber-cs!pcg
Penglais, Aberystwyth SY23 3BZ, UK | INET: pcg at cs.aber.ac.uk