u386mon in 43 line mode

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Sat Oct 13 19:00:13 AEST 1990

In article <15945 at bfmny0.BFM.COM> tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) writes:
>In article <1990Oct12.010848.8526 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>>I have a program called ega43 that makes the display turn into 43 line
>>mode -- but when I run u386mon, it only uses "25 line mode".
>Do you also set LINES=43 after running ega43?  Or select a terminal type
>that says lines#43 in the definition?  Otherwise how is u386mon gonna
>know what mode you're in.

Either will do with terminfo (but not termcap) curses.
The LINES and COLS environment variables will override
any lines#xx or cols#xx in the terminfo entry.

Terminfo first loads the entry from /usr/lib/terminfo/?/????
and then checks the environment for LINES and COLS.