Reviewers needed (again)

Tom Yager tyager at maxx.UUCP
Sat Oct 27 05:54:03 AEST 1990

With the increasing number of SW & HW products coming available for ISC
and SCO UNIX, I'm looking for qualified reviewers. You need experience
as a technical writer, along with the following:

   - SCO and/or (preferably "and") ISC UNIX, latest version, with dev.
     system, X Window & Motif, and TCP/IP with NFS.
   - OS running on 386/25 or better, 8 MB memory or more, 40 MB or more
     of free local disk.
   - Ability to bring system down to single-user mode, or kick off all
     users but console X session.
   - Network including at least two UNIX systems.
   - Experience as a user and administrator of TCP/IP, NFS, X Window.
   - X Terminal, PC with NFS, PC X server all desirable.
   - Access to Novell and/or Lan Manager nets also desirable.

I know this is all a tall order, but it is roughly the setup we have in
BYTE's UNIX lab. The increasing popularity of UNIX is making it difficult for
us to do all the reviews in-house, but I won't hand out any assignments to
authors who aren't similarly equipped to test products in a demanding
environment.

If you meet these criteria, please send a mail message describing your
credentials to "maxx!reviews at decvax.dec.com" or
"bytepb!maxx!reviews at uunet.uu.net".

Thanks to all.
(ty)