LPR for ISC -- anyone got a WORKING one?

Karl Denninger karl at naitc.naitc.com
Thu Oct 25 11:21:34 AEST 1990

We have a copy of LPR for ISC here... it's a little on the buggy side
though.....

We can send jobs to local printers, or other machines.  We can't seem to
make it understand that it can RECEIVE jobs from other machines though...

We've checked all the obvious things, like /etc/hosts.lpd (we have a "+" in
there) and the like.  No go -- the remote end says "Waiting for <host> to
come up" forever, and never appears to know that it did come up.

Does anyone have a working lpd?  If so, a copy would be MOST appreciated!

We're trying to get this to work with a network of Suns and other assorted
machines.

Thanks in advance!

--
Karl Denninger	AC Nielsen
kdenning at ksun.naitc.com
(708) 317-3285
Disclaimer:  Contents represent opinions of the author; I do not speak for
	     AC Nielsen on Usenet.