Specialix serial card + SCO TCP/IP

John Pettitt jpp at specialix.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 19:33:08 AEST 1990

rvdp at cs.vu.nl (=Ronald van der Pol) writes:
>Anybody using a Specialix SI-Host card 2.0 together with SCO UNIX TCP/IP?

>I tried to install TCP/IP today, but after this the Specialix card didn't
>work anymore! At the time the network daemons were started, the red lights
>on the Specialix Terminal Adapters went on and the serial ports didn't work
>anymore! So, does anybody else use this combination??

We are !  You probably have a problem with the ethernet card confliting
with the specialix card.   If you have a WD ethernet card or have
installed the driver for one it will stomp on the 0xd000 memory segment
which is the defualt address for the specialix card.   You don;t
specify what sort of system (mca,eisa, at) you are running so I can't
tel you where to move the card to however if you contact specialix
tech support (support at specialix.co.uk) they will be able to help.

--
John Pettitt, Specialix International,
Email: jpp at specialix.com Tel +44 (0) 9323 54254 Fax +44 (0) 9323 52781