HARD DRIVES INTERNATIONAL BEWARE !!!!

Norman Kohn nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sat Oct 6 11:08:08 AEST 1990

In article <5778 at holston.UUCP> barton at holston.UUCP (Barton A. Fisk) writes:

>Well here's the story:
>
>On September 14 I ordered an Adeptec 1542B and a Micropolis
>160MB hd from HDI...
>Fine, I said. So having delt with them before and
>having no problems, I marched down to my friendly bank and
>wired the money...
>Well it's October 1st and I still have NO drive. HDI has
>my money and I feel like a sucker. Numerous calls to Joe
>are resulting in the same answer. "It should be shipping
>today"

COD and bank cards are wonderful inventions, and I've always
agreed to pay the bank card "surcharges":  a few percent is
a bargain for the ability to enlist the bank in retrieving
your $$$ when a vendor won't make good on his commitment.
I've had the experience very rarely: only once in years
of mail-ordering.  I think that a couple of refunds for faulty
boards etc. came faster, however, because I'd paid with plastic.
In this way plastic is much than COD.

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840