SLIP on Computone under 386/ix

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.uucp
Wed Oct 31 22:57:09 AEST 1990

I can't get sldialup to dial out on the computone
ports (intelliport) here on nstar - however - I can
dial out via a dumb port - and inbound slip connects
on the computone work fine.

The problem appears that the modem gets caught up in
a looping echoing state - regardless of how the modem
is programmed.  If I turn all echoing off in the modem,
after I connect with the remote host - the login prompt
keeps getting echoing - resulting in no valid login.

 {larry at nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar%larry at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)