SC Spreadhseet Calculator on sysV/386

Richard Foulk richard at pegasus.com
Sun Oct 14 12:43:01 AEST 1990

>Here are a set of patches that eliminate some problems with sc 6.8, and
>minimize the cases where divide-by-zero occur. In particular constant
>expressions are only evaluated at load time, and non constant
>expressions *are not* evaluated at load time, because this is both
>useless and non sensical, because certain things may not be set up until
>the entire spreadhseet has been loaded.

Well your patch doesn't seem to fix the real problem.  Divide by zero
still kills it.

I'm curious what do these actually do:

>+ 	asm("	fnclex");
>+ 	asm("	fwait");

And if some sort of stack overflow on the 387 (or emulator in my case)
is the problem, why can't this be fixed with a few assembler
instructions to clean up the 387?  In case you haven't guessed, I know
very little about the 387 and I don't have any docs on it.

Richard Foulk		richard at pegasus.com