Problems with ESIX TIOCGWINSZ/SIGWINCH

Andreas Koch koch at tubsibr.UUCP
Fri Oct 19 02:41:56 AEST 1990

I have problems responding to window size changes under ESIX System/V 386
version 5.3.2 D using ESIX X 11.3.02. I don't get SIGWINCH when I change
an xterm window's size under twm & mwm. Neither am I able to read the
current window size using ioctl(x, TIOCGWINSZ, &w), where x is 0,1,2 and
w is a struct winsize (I am not sure about this type at the moment).
The ioctl returns with an error. ESIX xterm doesn't seem to update its LINES
and COLUMNS environment variables, they are set when an xterm is started and
ignored afterwards. Since ESIX doesn't include a resize client, I wonder if
they thought about resizing windows at all ... Anyway, maybe I am missing
something real simple, any hints are appreciated. Thanks!

Andreas Koch