VGA Super and ISC

Robert Scott zeke at shamash.cdc.com
Sat Oct 13 12:18:35 AEST 1990

In article <271003cc-89ecomp.unix.i386 at tronsbox.xei.com>, tron1 at tronsbox.xei.com (HIM) writes:
> Has anyone managed to get to the super VGA modes of a Video Seven V-RAM card
> from UNIX yet ?? I haven't gotten the new VP/IX and would like to write a
> GIF viewer for said animal.

I've got some man pages in front of me that say the VRAM V7256 (note, not
the V7256A model) is supported in 256 colors at 800x600 pixels for ISC 2.2
running the (just released) version 1.2 of X-windows clients.  In 16-color
mode, V2.2 and X-windows clients version 1.1 support both the V7256 and
the V7256A at 800x600.

The man pages (and the person at ISC that I have been talking to on another
matter) describe only X-windows screen resolutions, and don't really describe
other graphic software, so you might be on your own with anything else.

Zeke

--
~~~~~~~~~~~ From the Shrine of the "Last Gasp of ETA Systems" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extra zesty disclaimer:  MINE! MINE! ALL MINE! <chortle snort froth drool>
Robert K. "Zeke" Scott        internet: zeke at eta.cdc.com
Control Data Corp, Supercomputer Support Group