Crosstalk Mk.4 not working under VPIX

Robert Scott zeke at shamash.cdc.com
Mon Oct 22 02:53:10 AEST 1990

I'm having a problem getting Crosstalk Mk. 4 to run properly under
VP/IX on Interactive Unix 2.2.  I'm running on a Bell Technologies 16-mhz
386 (Multi-purpose Engine).

Symptoms are that the input characters seem to come in too fast (running
a 9600 baud connection through a CODEX modem), and the screen seems to
lose chunks of text.  An example: reading a man page using 'more' (connected
to a Sun system), and most of a single screenful will be displayed, but
about the lower 1/3 of the screen will be blank and the 'more ---' prompt
is not displayed, but another partial screenful will be properly delivered
when carriage return is pressed.

I don't seem to have much better luck with DOS Kermit under VP/IX.
Anybody on the net have any ideas on things to try?

Thanks,
Zeke

--
~~~~~~~~~~~ From the Shrine of the "Last Gasp of ETA Systems" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extra zesty disclaimer:  MINE! MINE! ALL MINE! <chortle snort froth drool>
Robert K. "Zeke" Scott        internet: zeke at eta.cdc.com
Control Data Corp, Supercomputer Support Group