Unix support for 1024x768 VGA card

mark hilliard mark at brandy.UUCP
Thu Oct 18 06:22:18 AEST 1990

In article <3457 at cui.unige.ch> vp at cuisun.unige.ch writes:
>I want to buy a 386 system with at least 1024x768 resolution screen
>and I want to run X11 under Unix.

I am currently running Interactive Unix 2.2 with the latest Interactive
version of X11 (1.2).  I achive 1024x768 with 256 colors on a NEC 4 and 5d
monitor with a STB PowerGraph VGA adapter (1024k).  The vga adapter sold
for $250, and is a DIRECT replacement for the STB VGA EM-16 Plus with 1024k.

Interactive X11 directly supports the above configuration.  There is a list
of around 10 vga adapters that Interactive supports in the 1024x768x256 mode
but I have found the STB to work the best.