Memory Leak in Motif 1.0 Dialog Widgets (Interactive port)

Bruce M Ong DeadHead at cup.portal.com
Tue Oct 2 08:27:50 AEST 1990

Few days ago I reported:

>	I seem to have run into a show stopper for a MOTIF project I am
>working on... here is the  deal:
>
>	The motif dialog widget - the selection box dialog -  does
>not seem to clean up its internal data when a new XtSetArg() is called
>with  a different item count and a different item list than the previous call.

	apparently, from various replies on the net, this is a known problem
in MOTIF 1.0 XmString.c module - apparently it has quite few memory leaks.
One reply suggested that I stay away from MOTIF til v1.1.

	Now, my question is - 1.1 is available from OSF but not from ISC.
Can I buy the source (after this fiasco - trying to explain to my mgr that
we'd have to delay product introduction for 1-2 weeks because it would not
look very professional for our product to crash X completely with
"XtMalloc() - not enough memory"  -  I'd like to get the source and
forget about ISC's port) and directly compile it with the ISC's Xlib without
too much hassel? Has anybody successfully done this? What's OSF's fee on
the source and what kind of licensing agreement is there for distribution
of binary programs?

	muchas glacias -

	bruce
	deadhead at cup.portal.com