VGA tall screen in SVR4

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM
Thu Oct 11 13:03:07 AEST 1990

Can someone tell me authoritatively:  Are "tall screen" VGA modes
(80x43, 80x44, 80x50 etc) supported in System V/386 Release 4?  Either
commonly in the porting base, or specifically in Intel's shrink wrap
version.  I know ISC and its derivatives added it way back in SVR3.2.x,
but AT&T and Intel didn't.  Is it there in R4?  It's unbelievably hard
to get a straight answer from marketing types -- they're too clueless
even to understand what I'm asking.  Who knows for sure?
--
Nobody wants justice.   /\ \/   Tom Neff
   -- Alan Dershowitz   /\ \/   tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM