Getting smail with ISC 2.2 to work

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Wed Oct 17 02:29:57 AEST 1990

According to rolfe at w3vh.UUCP (Rolfe Tessem):
>I've spent an incredible amount of time trying to make sendmail/smail work
>right on a new ISC 2.2 system, to no avail.

Whatever Interactive did right, from all accounts they botched
Sendmail.  Not that botched sendmail is easy to distinguish from
standard Sendmail.  [1/2 :-)]

Many ISC users have reported satisfaction from completely removing
ISC's Sendmail and Smail 2.5 and installing Smail 3.1, which does
everything that the ISC setup is supposed to do.

Get Smail 3.1 from uunet.uu.net, as ~/mail/smail3.1.19.Z.
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
    "I've been cranky ever since my comp.unix.wizards was removed