YP for ISC 2.2?

Bill Kennedy bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
Sat Oct 20 11:29:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct19.014905.19698 at maxed.amg.com> ed at maxed.amg.com (Ed Whittemore) writes:
>In article <6859 at gaboon.UUCP> asv at gaboon.UUCP (Stan Voket) writes:

[ Stan wnats to know if anyone has yellow pages for 386/ix 2.2 ... ]

>No, not safe--don't do it! NFS has changed--the new YP is supposed
>to be with us reeeeeaaal sooooon now.
>
>--
>Ed Whittemore   uunet!maxed!ed   ed at maxed.amg.com

Well fair enough, but what puzzles me is how do we find out when it's
available?  Further, now that ISC tech support is pay-fer, how do we
report bugs and how do we know if/when they are fixed.  Even the
elephantine blue sees to it that a bug fix is acknowledged and made
available to the person/organization that reported it (if they are
still alive and/or in business :-)

Last I heard was "we're reading, we'll get the bug report" but nothing
about how to get a bug fix.  Example -  Let's say that's Ed's right on,
the distributed 2.2 YP is totally dain bread.  Do I have to pay $650 to
get a replacement for something I bought as not-defective?  I'm not
talking about interim enhancements, upgrades, etc, I'm talking about
something sold as working but that proved to be defective.  I'm also not
going to listen to "as-is", I can read the warranty, but I expect some
conscience and responsibility from my vendor.

So what's the score?  I'm not going to fork out $600+, but I paid cash
money for YP.  I've never gotten a recall or fix notice from ISC, how
do I find out when what I (thinking it worked) bought is available and
how to get it?
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill at ssbn.WLK.COM   or attmail!ssbn!bill