SCO / ESIX / Interactiv Sys - UNIX ?

Andre Graber agraber at bernina.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 19 22:21:21 AEST 1991

Hello everybody !
I am new to this news-group and may ask a alraedy often asked question, so
please answer by mail .

I am about buying a UNIX for a 80386. I know about the three mentioned
Systems and the articel in Byte (comparision if SCO and Interact. UNIX).
Whats about ESIX ?

How do the three System compare ? Are there other real UNIX-System for a 386

What I want to use it for :  C / C++ (interactive Debugger is important)
			     x - Windows
			     Fortran (F77)
Are there any problems using a syquest removable harddisk (SCSI-port) ?

Thanks for your help !

Yours

Andre Graber

agraber at bernina.ethz.ch
(ETH-Zuerich, Switzerland, Institut fuer Operations Research,
 Tel ++41 1 256 4021)