< Problems with SCSI Streamer on ISC 2.2.1 with AHA1542B >

Robert Rothe rot at unlisys.in-berlin.de
Wed Apr 17 10:12:30 AEST 1991

I once reported my problem but there was no response..

I have the following configuration:

Board:	Hauppauge 386/33MHz, 8 Mb.
SCSI:
	terminator .... - adaptec aha1542B
	imprimis wren 330MB (id:0)
	tandberg tdc 3820 streamer (id:2)
	imprimis wren 330MB (id:1) ... terminator

When archiving on the tape some (may every 1000) bytes gets randomly
bit 4 set. This makes the backup totally useless. i really tried
everything to fix this problem, new streamer, all kinds of scsi
operating modes, new cabling, change of all id's and terminators,
new adaptec, all kinds of cartridges ..., but the problem remains.

Does anybody know about the problem ? And may how to fix it ?
ISC claims to support the TDC 3820 with Adaptec AHA-1542B.

	robert.

--
Unlisys,  Hohenzollerndamm 7, 1000 Berlin 31     ---     Robert Rothe
unido!fub!unlisys!rot,   rot at unlisys.in-berlin.de,    030 / 88 22 980