Specialix SI and ESIX

John Pettitt jpp at specialix.co.uk
Fri Apr 5 19:52:17 AEST 1991

dgd at kcbbs.gen.nz (David Dix) writes:
>I recently installed a Specialix SI Host (Version 2.00) and TA8 8 port
>terminal adaptor in my 386 computer running ESIX SVR3.2 rel C.
>The Installation disk supplied (Version 4.00) with the SI had drivers to
>support 386/ix, SCO Unix, SCO Xenix and AT&T Unix. Nothing for ESIX.
>Anyhow, after trying to use the 386/ix driver the kernal failed to link
>because function intbase() was missing. AT&T driver caused the computer
>to freeze up. The SCO Unix driver appeared to install ok but after several
>hours use it was obvious that hardware flow control was not working.
>(This makes life with v32/MNP/v42bis modems very difficult :-()

intbase is a `feature' of the ISC version of UNIX - it is not in
ESIX or the (now defunct) intel versions.   Hardware flow control
is different under SCO and ESIX so, as you point out, it does noit
work with the SCO driver intelled on ESIX.  The 4.02 release of the
drivers fixes all of these problems.

>I called Specialix in UK and spoke directly to a tech support person who
>was very helpful but had not heard of ESIX !!!! He is sending me a later
>release of the driver software but cannot immediately help me with an ESIX
>driver.

That is becuase ESIX is not sold in the UK  as far as we can tell
our US office would have known all about it.  The later version
will fix your problems.

--
John Pettitt, Specialix International,
Email: jpp at specialix.com Tel +44 (0) 9323 54254 Fax +44 (0) 9323 52781