Using MS-DOS with the UNIX* system ?

Raymond Nijssen rcbarn at rw6.urc.tue.nl
Tue Apr 30 02:58:39 AEST 1991

les at chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
>In article <1991Apr25.173734.16964 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>what is buggy about VP/ix?  We have the latest release here, and to
>>date everything we have tried with it worked just fine.
>
>Can you finally run Wordperfect 5.0/5.1 with all the files on the
>unix file system?

I think VP/ix is not to blame for this. WP however distinguishes between
'real' drives and 'networked' devices; it won't work properly with the latter,
presumably just because this enables WP Corp. (why do I address those people
politely while they cripple people's minds with their trashware) to sell
a version capable of running in a network as a separately priced (read: more
expensive, but actually the same) product.

--
| Raymond X.T. Nijssen  | Eindhoven Univ. of Technology                       |
| raymond at es.ele.tue.nl | EH 7.13, PO 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands |