SVR4.0

Richard Ducoty duc at mport.COM
Fri Apr 19 01:57:03 AEST 1991

rmk at rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) writes:

>In article (Dave Close) writes:
>>In article jrd at cc.usu.edu writes:

>>>	2. determine whether your machine will even boot that Unix. For
>>>example, most AMI Bios machines I've checked will not boot AT&T's SVR4,
>>>but a Phoenix Bios is just fine.

>>My Northgate Elegance 386 boots Intel SVr4 fine with the AMI BIOS.

>I think jrd has it bass ackwards.  SVr4 doesn't like shadowed BIOS.  Phoenix
>doesn't allow you to turn off BIOS shadowing in the setup program, AMI does.
=====

I run Phoenix BIOS on my Mylex MXA-33 / Microport SVR4 with no problems.
My Phoenix BIOS allows me to turn off shadowing.  There are quite a
few versions and revs of Phoenix, AMI, et.al BIOSii (pl?) ...

Richard

Richard Ducoty		        \\\\\\\
Microport Inc.		          (.)(.) 			root at mport.com
voice=> (408) 438-8649	             >	 		  	duc at mport.com
fax=>   (408) 438-7560		    -				uunet!mport!duc
                          " militiae species amor est "