non-blocking accept(3I) wanted. (ISC's tcp/ip)

David Burren david at bacchus.esa.oz.au
Mon Apr 29 14:11:49 AEST 1991

In <1991Apr25.135618.23478 at aie.uucp> hansb at aie.uucp (Hans Bayle) writes:

>I have a little problem with the tcp/ip package that comes with
>Interactive Unix System V 386/ix.
>The manual says that when calling accept(3I) is done with the
>file descriptor (in this case a socket) set to non-blocking,
>that accept() will return immediately even when there are no pending
>connections present on the queue. In that case it should return
>EAGAIN. I isolated the problem in the two following tiny programs:

I don't have ISC manuals on hand, but on my Sony NEWS (running a BSD)
the error is EWOULDBLOCK.

>Is this a bug in the lib, the manual or in my program?

Your program looks ok, and I suspect the library should be returning
EWOULDBLOCK in order to be compatible with other OSes, so my guess
is the manual.
David Burren [Athos]                          Email: david at bacchus.esa.oz.au
Software Development Engineer                 Phone: +61 3 819 4554
Expert Solutions Australia, Hawthorn, VIC     Fax:   +61 3 819 5580