X386 on AT&T lockup problem

Robert Withrow witr at rwwa.COM
Tue Apr 16 05:14:39 AEST 1991

In article <1884 at svin02.info.win.tue.nl> debra at info.win.tue.nl writes:
>This is a description of some circumstances under which i got the
>X386a server (compiled for AT&T sVr3.2.1 with xqueue and no TCP/IP)
>to lock up. Switching VT's unlocks the server.

There are a number of race conditions in the Xqueue support in current
versions of X386.  I fixed them recently (for SVR4), but then my
system disk crashed and I lost all of the changes.  I will re-create
them and send them to Thomas.

Someone will still have to retrofit the changes to SVR3.x...

--
---
 Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates, Swampscott MA 01907 USA