Help building ESIX kernel for X386

Bob Willcox bob at rancor.UUCP
Sun Apr 21 03:21:16 AEST 1991

I am trying to install X386 on my ESIX 5.3.2D system and am unable to
rebuild my kernel after running the install.sh script in
/usr/lib/X11/X386/install.  Seems install.sh has placed configuration
files in /etc/conf/node.d and etc/conf/sdevice.d for "sp" for which I
do not have an entry in my /etc/conf/cf.d/mdevice file.  Furthermore, I
do not have a directory in /etc/conf/pack.d (with a Driver.o) for sp
either.

To net it out, my question is: what is sp, do it need it, and if so,
where can I get it?  Does it come in some package that I have not yet
installed?  (There are a few that I did not install: RFS, ethernet,
XENIX FS, 2K FS, and Security Administration.)

Bob Willcox             ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!romp!rancor!bob
Phone: 512 258-4224