Since Most Everythings's right with SCO Can we make it smaller?

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Wed Apr 24 14:30:32 AEST 1991

The current (maybe hopefully past) ankle-biting parade over SCO is of no
interest to me.   SCO is as great as the world deserves.  Now, on to
business.

I noticed that the Xenix 2.3.2 kernel is about 1000K.   The SCO Unix
kernel is about 2000K.   All worthwhile, no doubt.   However, one of the
new machines I just brought up is about 1000k short of memory and is
paging under heavy load.  (> 18 users)

Are there any things I can safely reconfigure out which will get me
down to the size of Xenix?   I was hoping in terms of features we don't
use like RFS, NFS, TCP, etc.

Neal Rhodes                       MNOP Ltd                     (404)- 972-5430
President                Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247             Fax:  978-4741
                             emory!mnopltd!neal
                         gatech!emory!mnopltd!neal