Spreadsheets for 386 Unix.

Rick Farris rfarris at rfengr.com
Sat Apr 6 18:32:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr2.223521.3736 at hbmc.uucp> jessea at hbmc.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) writes:
>I'm looking for recommendations for spreadsheets that will run under
>a 386 Unix (preferably SysVR4).  I've discounted Lotus because I've
>heard that it is such a hog.  So I'd like to find a spreadsheet that will
>run under Unix and which I can convert dos Lotus spreadsheets to.  This
>latter is not essential, but very desireable.  Does anyone have any
>preferences?

Lotus 1-2-3 is good, but if you're going to be running X,
why not take a look at eXclaim!?

eXclaim! has complete Lotus v2.01 compatibility, with
extensions that make sense in the Unix/X environment.  I
like it a lot.

It needs about 5 MB of disk space (fonts take up a lot of
space) and about 1.5 - 2.0 MB of RAM.

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
rfarris at rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757