MMDF & bounced mail

John R. MacMillan john at sco.COM
Tue Apr 2 09:00:17 AEST 1991

|When mail is bounced (invalid user ID), the
|complete message is emailed back to the sender.
|What do I change in MMDF's configuration to
|cause only part of the message to be returned?

If you have control over what is invoking the "submit" program, have
it use the "c" flag, for "citation only" (see submit(ADM)).  If you
don't have control (eg. rmail), you can put

MLISTSIZE 0

in /usr/mmdf/mmdftailor.  This specifies that long lists of reply
addresses, in this case those with more than 0 addresses, will only
receive citations.  This will give submit behaviour like the "c" flag
above.

There may still be a few cases where the whole thing gets sent back
(in particular if it's the user agent that's generating the error
message).  Hope this helps!