wanted: UNIX or clone

Shawn Blair shawn at jpradley.jpr.com
Thu Apr 25 01:53:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr18.211830.41902 at eagle.wesleyan.edu> flinton at eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>In article <1991Apr16.225637.463 at unixland.uucp>, bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>>
>>     stuff deleted ...
>>
>Should I infer that Coherent might be a good choice for my ALR 486, given
>that it sports but 2 Meg of RAM and only 30 Meg on its HD (well, 40 Meg if
>I scrap my current 10 Meg DOS 4.01 partition) ?

If those are your limitations (memory and space), then Coherent could be a very
good choice.  Most full blown 'ix systems would barely run (if at all) on your
configuration.  I use Coherent on a 286 w/20Mb and 1Mb memory and it runs very
well.  Of course I would like additional memory and space, but we all have our
limitations :).

shawn