supervga.xgi

Wu Liu wul at sco.COM
Wed Apr 3 17:15:18 AEST 1991

/--jwd at jacksun.cs.Virginia.EDU (Jack Davidson) said...
| i'm running SCO 3.2V2 and Xsight 2.2.0.  i've got a genoa 6400A
| supervga card and a NEC 4D monitor.  i'd hoped to be able to
| run it in 1024x728 and 16 colors.  indeed, the reason i bought
| the card was that it was included in the point-pick-list of
| cards that "mkdev graphics" knew about.  unfortunately, i didn't
| dig deep enough, and the supervga.xgi spec file that is down
| in /usr/lib/graphinfo/genoa says it is for the genoa 5300/5400
| series.  sure enough, it doesn't work.  i'm reduced to running
| the thing as a standard ibm vga in 640x480-16.
|
| does anybody have an updated genoa/supervga.xgi for the genoa
| 6000 series? any other ideas about how to get it to work?
|
| thanks,
| jack davidson
\--

Actually, while there is an entry for a Genoa Super VGA card in the
mkdev graphics point and pick list, it's for the 5x00 series (5100,
5200, 5300, and 5400) rather than the 6400.  The 5x00 series used
the Tseng Labs ET3000 chipset, while the 6400 uses a proprietary
Genoa chipset implementation which is not compatible with the ET3000.

I'm not aware of the existance of a 6400 grafinfo file, and since
there's no card nor documentation for that card in-house (that I know
of), I doubt if one is forthcoming in the near future.